I have gotten asked this question often at job interviews or talking with other colleagues and it is always hard to answer as I use almost all social networks I know. It really depends. Sometimes I’m super focused on Instagram and sometimes I can spend 2 hours watching Vines or Snaps… but the one I always go back to is Twitter. It was the first network that made me realize how amazing social media is and the first one I created an account in. I check it every morning and I believe all social media professionals have some devotion to it so I’m going to tell you my 5 reasons why I love it:
- It’s easy. You enter the text and you tweet.
- It’s global. In general, I can see other people tweets even if I don’t follow them. This means not only brands but also regular users like me.
- It’s 140 characters. As much as I love talking and writing I appreciate that limitation because it forces you to say what you want to say without talking around: the core of the message. That’s powerful and very useful indeed.
- Many times it’s the first to know: it’s omniscient It’s not a secret that Twitter reports news much faster than online newspapers or blogs.
- And most important: it’s a #conversation. That is what really interests me. As a Spaniard, I enjoy a good chat, a good talk or a good gossip and I like hear other voices commenting something and giving different opinions (maybe that’s why Twitter has become a good partner for television, media or politics for example). Twitter is the king for this. The use of #hashtags in combination with the limited space to write sparks a good amount of creativity in the people that I certainly enjoy. If you already follow me you know that I tend to comment television shows, I join Twitter chats and I tweet a lot of news.
Those are my reasons to <3 Twitter and here’s a video that the platform made to celebrate its 10th anniversary. It makes me smile (and cry a little bit) every time I see it.
Starting in ?? on 3/21 and moving across the ?, we thank you for 10 incredible years.
— Twitter (@twitter) March 20, 2016
What about you? What is your favorite social platform? I would love to hear from you so don’t hesitate to leave a comment below or – of course – on Twitter.
Thanks for reading! @villaraco